The end of the year is the perfect time to tie up any loose ends with your finances and get ready for 2023. Here's a checklist to ensure you touch on the most important categories.
Work your way through it little by little, and give Team Treece a call if you have questions or feel any of these areas need more attention:
- Review your budget and spending. Make adjustments to your categories as needed.
- Review outstanding debt and set goals for paying it down.
- Revisit savings goals and adjust them as you plan for big-ticket needs or wants.
- Review sales of any appreciated property.
- Collect cost basis information on sold securities.
- Review realized/unrealized gains and losses.
- Check loss carry-forwards from last year.
- Identify transactions that could improve your tax situation.
- Have your tax advisor prepare a year-end tax projection.
- Review potential deductions and credits.
- Analyze Roth IRA conversion scenarios.
- Max out 401(k) contributions.
- Max out IRA contributions.
- Open a retirement plan if you’re recently self-employed.
- Review life insurance needs.
- Review HSA accounts.
- Spend balances in flex spending accounts.
- Discuss disability insurance.
- Review your Medicare enrollment options (if applicable).
- Revisit investment needs and goals.
- Review asset allocation.
- Review income and savings needs.
- Discuss tax harvesting.
If you’d like to go through this checklist together, schedule a consult. We’re happy to find a time that works for you in the next few weeks.